[c-nsp] NTP not synchronizing

Mike Louis MLouis at nwnit.com
Mon Sep 15 07:39:59 EDT 2008

What source interface is the cisco client router using for NTP requests? If its not configured it will use the outbound interface used to reach the server. I saw an issue the other day where the external interface on the WAN was not reachable by the NTP server at the home office and thus they could not sync time. They changed the source interface to "ntp source-interface Fax/x" (for their lan which was reachable) and were able to get sync'd.

HTH

Mike