[c-nsp] cisco 7507 vs ssg 550

Faisal Muzammil famz at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 16 05:52:19 EDT 2008

Hi,
We have a cisco 7507 router for our wan and are thinking of replacing it with juniper ssg 550. Currently we have 1 GEIP interface on the lan side of 7507 and 1 POS(STM/OC3) interface on the wan side. We have a few IP IP tunnels established and are running BGP over the wan and OSPF on the lan side. We also have the need of using PBRs. The main reason behind this change is that we are going to outgrow our STM capacity and need to upgrade to higher bandwidth on the wan side. hence similarly we will need to have a better option on the lan side instead of GEIP due to the limitation of 200mbps aggregate throughput on it.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

regards
Famz