[c-nsp] cisco 7507 vs ssg 550

Arie Vayner (avayner) avayner at cisco.com
Wed Sep 17 03:02:40 EDT 2008

Faisal,

Why don't you take a look at a 7200/NPE-G2 (or even a 7201, which is a
1RU version of it).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps341/index.html
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps341/product_data_sh
eet0900aecd8047177b.html
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7253/index.html

The advantage of changing to this kind of device is that it would be a
natural upgrade from 7500 (which is a very old model...). All the
configs should most likely transfer as a simple copy paste.

Arie