[c-nsp] IS-IS for IPv6: Passive Loopback Interface Address Not Propagated

Frederic LOUI loui at renater.fr
Tue Sep 16 08:36:00 EDT 2008

Mark Tinka a écrit :
> Hi all.
>
> Has anyone experienced failure of the v6 address on a
> (dual-stacked) Loopback interface from being propagated
> into IS-IS?

We have the same setup and no particular issue with that.

> We're seeing this on 12.2(33)SRC1 deployed on NPE-G2's,
> NPE-G1's and 7201's.

My version is : IOS 124-11.T2

> IS-IS is running in multi-topology mode, v6 infrastructure
> addresses are propagated fine, it's just that v6 addresses
> on the Loopback interface won't be.

Did you try ISIS debug command in order to see what's happening ?
When you inject your loopback ?

> Our pseudonodes (DIS's) are running on SUP720-3BXL's with
> 12.2(33)SXH3. These are able to propagate their v6 Loopback
> interface addresses to the network, including to the
> 7200's.
>
> v4 is unaffected.
>
> We have a case open with TAC, but it's been a while since
> they gave us any feedback.
>
> All help appreciated.

I record that there was some issues related to ISIS in multi-topology
environment. "metric style wide" command was needed and also the
interface command "ipv6 enable" is sometimes mandatory. (depending on
the IOS vesion)

Please fin herewith this mail a snipset of config related to ISIS for
IPv6:

!
interface Loopback0
  ip address 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.255
  ipv6 address 2001:DB8:2200:11::1/128
  ipv6 enable
!
interface Loopback1
  ip address 192.168.2.2 255.255.255.255
  ipv6 address 2001:DB8:2200:11::2/128
  ipv6 enable
!
interface Loopback2
  ip address 192.168.3.2 255.255.255.255
  ipv6 address 2001:DB8:2200:11::3/128
  ipv6 enable
!

!
router isis
  net 49.0001.2222.2222.2222.00
  metric-style wide
  fast-flood 15
  max-lsp-lifetime 65535
  spf-interval 1 1 10
  prc-interval 1 1 10
  lsp-gen-interval 5 1 50
  no hello padding
  log-adjacency-changes
  passive-interface Loopback0
  passive-interface Loopback1
  passive-interface Loopback2
  bfd all-interfaces
  !
  address-family ipv6
  multi-topology
  exit-address-family
!

GSR-2#sh ipv6 protocols
IPv6 Routing Protocol is "connected"
IPv6 Routing Protocol is "static"
IPv6 Routing Protocol is "isis"
   Interfaces:
     FastEthernet1/0
     FastEthernet2/0
     Loopback0 (Passive)
     Loopback1 (Passive)
     Loopback2 (Passive)
   Redistribution:
     None
IPv6 Routing Protocol is "bgp 65200"
   Route Reflector for address family IPv6 Unicast, 2 clients
   IGP synchronization is disabled
   Redistribution:
     None
   Neighbor(s):
     Address                    FiltIn FiltOut Weight RoutemapIn
RoutemapOut
     2001:DB8:2100:11::2
     2001:DB8:2300:11::2
IPv6 Routing Protocol is "bgp multicast"
   Route Reflector for address family IPv6 Unicast, 2 clients
   IGP synchronization is disabled
   Redistribution:
     None
   Neighbor(s):
     Address                    FiltIn FiltOut Weight RoutemapIn
RoutemapOut
     2001:DB8:2100:11::2
     2001:DB8:2300:11::2

Just my 2 cents,
Hope this helps (Sorry if not), but I'm curious about the answer...
At the sounds like it is a issue with the IOS version. (Any
possibility to try an other one ?)

Bgrds/Fred

--
Frederic LOUI / GIP RENATER

Service de Suivi Operationnel / Metrologie & QoS
Network Operations Service / Metrology & QoS

Tel: +33 1 53 94 20 82 / Fax: +33 1 53 94 20 31
frederic.loui at renater.fr http://www.renater.fr