[c-nsp] IS-IS for IPv6: Passive Loopback Interface Address Not Propagated

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Sep 16 10:45:48 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 16 September 2008 20:36:00 Frederic LOUI wrote:

> My version is : IOS 124-11.T2

We haven't tested other releases on these boxes yet.

12.2(33)SXH3 does work on our SUP720-3BXL's, though.

> Did you try ISIS debug command in order to see what's
> happening ? When you inject your loopback ?

We did; nothing came up - all other interfaces are added
into IS-IS with the exception of the Loopbacks.

> I record that there was some issues related to ISIS in
> multi-topology environment.

Actually, we found MT very useful when dual-stacking v4 and
v6.

> "metric style wide" command
> was needed...

We use wide metrics by default on all our IS's.

> and also the interface command "ipv6 enable"
> is sometimes mandatory. (depending on the IOS vesion)

We haven't had to do this for our v6 deployment (even when I
run v6 under 12.3 mainline at my previous employer).

However, we did try enabling this command without much
success in resolving this particular issue.

> Please fin herewith this mail a snipset of config related
> to ISIS for IPv6:

Pretty straight forward.

> At the sounds like it is a issue with the IOS
> version.

Agree.

Will work it and hope TAC can reproduce the issue.

Cheers,

Mark.