[c-nsp] 3750ME-7609 ES interface problem

Daniel Dib daniel.dib at reaper.nu
Tue Sep 16 14:54:39 EDT 2008

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008, Matt Liotta wrote:

I currently have a 3750ME connected via one of its ES interfaces to a
6509 on one of the OSM (GE-WAN) interfaces and things work fine.
However, when I try to connect the other ES port on the same 3750ME to
a 7609 GigE interface the port won't come up. What is strange is that
the 3750ME shows the port as up/up, but the 7609 shows it as down/
down. Interestingly, if I shut the 7609 port the 3750's port then goes
down as well.

What am I missing?

-Matt

Hi. Do you have the same autonegotiate settings on the 7609 and the 3750. On
the 3750 do you have speed nonegotiate and the same goes for the 7609. If
you haven't configured it specifically it will be autonegotiated. This can
lead to one port being up and the other down I've been bitten by this
myself. This might not be your issue but it's just a hunch. See the link
below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7600/ios/12.2SXF/configuration/guide
/intrface.html#wp1040549

/Daniel