[c-nsp] Static Route based on next hop reachable

Ziv Leyes zivl at gilat.net
Thu Sep 18 02:48:40 EDT 2008

Hi Paul,
This is the most simple and straight forward example, no need to use PBR or anything else.
I use this for routing traffic through management tunnels based on reachability of the next hop.

ip sla monitor 1
 type echo protocol ipIcmpEcho 1.1.1.1
  timeout 3000

 track 1 rtr 1 reachability

 ip route 2.2.2.2 255.255.255.0 1.1.1.1 track 1

Hope this helps
Ziv