[c-nsp] Switch Module

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Fri Sep 19 13:09:26 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 14:45 +0200, Ahmed Mohamed wrote:
> i have CS65013 switches with some new modules installed on it due to a
> documentation problem, i don't know which module was installed
> recently
>
> is there any command that can give me the uptime of the module?

You could try "remote command module X show version", but not all
modules support it -- AFAIK they have to have a CFC or DFC. The WS-X6700
modules seem to support it (WS-X6748-GE-TX, WS-X6724-SFP, WS-X6708-10GE
do at least).

Otherwise you could look at the diagnostics, with "show diagnostics
result module X detail". Tests like TestLoopback are not
"non-destructive", and thus only performed at bootup (unless you ask for
it yourself of course). Looking at when the test was performed can tell
you when the module booted.

The diagnostics are performed on all switch modules.

Regards,
Peter