[c-nsp] Cisco 2820 Password Recovery

Farhan Ali Khan farhan at cyber.net.pk
Fri Sep 19 23:35:32 EDT 2008

Clark
Go through with following
http://www-tss.cisco.com/eservice/compass/common/activities/password_cat_190
0.htm
For both firmware 1.09 & 1.10 v.

Regards
Farhan Ali Khan

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Crist Clark
Sent: 20 September, 2008 5:00 AM
To: Daniel Hooper; cisco-nsp
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Cisco 2820 Password Recovery

>>> On 9/19/2008 at 4:38 PM, "Daniel Hooper" <dhooper at emerge.net.au>
wrote:
> Don’t you mean 2620?

No, I mean Catalyst 2820,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps597/prod_end-of
-life_notice0900aecd8055eb4d.html

> Sending a break to the console during the router booting is the only
way
> I've known to recover from a lost password.

The procedure for the later versions involves holding the "MODE"
button
down on the front of the chassis while doing a cold boot. For the
earlier
versions, call TAC,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps574/products_password_reco
very09186a00800a6c79.shtml

As I said in the original message, this appears to be an earlier
version.

communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please contact postmaster at globalstar.com