[c-nsp] Cisco 10720 Router?

Kyle Duren kyled at noelcomm.com
Mon Sep 22 13:16:16 EDT 2008

I have an opportunity to get a Cisco 10720 router for very cheap, but I'm
rather unfamiliar with this model, I have some questions that I can't seem
to find the answer for.

Has anyone used this model router, if so, have you used it with BGP and
such?

The IOS limitations are rather odd, only having the 12.0 series (with
somewhat recent updates) also makes me wonder?

The unit can have 512mb of ram, and mentions only being able to handle ~
250k routes, but is this in reference to the older model that only had 256
mb of ram? This router looks pretty good, being able to do 2mil pps though.

Let me know off-list or on if you have any info!

Thanks,
Kyle Duren
Network Coordinator
Noel Communications, Inc.