[c-nsp] Extremely slow performing show running-config

David Freedman david.freedman at uk.clara.net
Tue Sep 30 09:55:52 EDT 2008

Well, you are waiting for NVGEN which ...
<snip>

I've just found a URL which explains it so I don't have to :

http://6200networks.com/2008/09/17/configuration-generation-performance-enhancement/

I can tell you I have NVGEN caching enabled on 12.2SXH2a on SUP720

router(config)#parser config ?
  cache  Cache the configuration

Dave.