[c-nsp] Extremely slow performing show running-config

Ross Vandegrift ross at kallisti.us
Tue Sep 30 09:51:57 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 02:55:52PM +0100, David Freedman wrote:
> Well, you are waiting for NVGEN which ...
> <snip>
>
> I've just found a URL which explains it so I don't have to :
>
> http://6200networks.com/2008/09/17/configuration-generation-performance-enhancement/
>
> I can tell you I have NVGEN caching enabled on 12.2SXH2a on SUP720
>
> router(config)#parser config ?
>   cache  Cache the configuration

This looks slightly different on 12.2.SXF:

router(config)#parser ?
  cache  Configure parser cache
router(config)#parser cache ?
  <cr>

Is this the same feature?

According to feature navigator, Parser Cache is "Adding a cache to the
parser to improve performance".  The more information link is
broken...

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at kallisti.us