[c-nsp] IP-VPN CE-PE local pref problem

Mark Tech techconfig at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 30 12:19:33 EDT 2008

Hi
I have set up a dual homed IP-VPN network between 2 PE's and 2 CE's using  SoO - thas all working fine. I have added an inbound route-map to the 'backup' PE and CE to reduce the local preference in order to make the other PE and CE the preferred gateways.

CE1--------PE1 primary
CE2--------PE2 backup

The CE local pref works fine, however on the PE side, local pref doesn't seem to have any affect, i.e. I have reduced the local pref to 90 on the backup link, however if I check the routing in the backup PE, nothing seems to have changed. Can I just check that local pref actually works across an MP-BGP environment?

If so I must be doing something wrong

Regards

Mark