[c-nsp] IP-VPN CE-PE local pref problem

David Freedman david.freedman at uk.clara.net
Tue Sep 30 12:51:55 EDT 2008

can you post "show ip bgp vpnv4 rd <rd> x.x.x.x/y" from both PEs ? for
the prefix in question?

Dave

Mark Tech wrote:
> Hi
> I have set up a dual homed IP-VPN network between 2 PE's and 2 CE's using  SoO - thas all working fine.

I have added an inbound route-map to the 'backup' PE and CE to reduce
the local preference in order to make the other PE and CE the preferred
gateways.

> CE1--------PE1 primary
> CE2--------PE2 backup
>
> The CE local pref works fine, however on the PE side, local pref doesn't seem to have any affect,

 i.e. I have reduced the local pref to 90 on the backup link, however if
I check the routing in the backup PE, nothing seems to have changed. Can
I just check that local pref actually works across an MP-BGP environment?