[c-nsp] Cisco BGP Running on VRF?

Murphy, William William.Murphy at uth.tmc.edu
Tue Sep 30 18:50:17 EDT 2008

I have a Cat6506 VSS720-3C-XL switch on which I have configured BGP on a
VRF using  "address-family ipv4 unicast vrf internet".  I am getting BGP
routes and all appears well but I can only display BGP info by using
"show ip bgp vpnv4 ..." commands.  I didn't intend to run VPNV4 and it
appears the switch has ignored my address-family ipv4 statement.  Can
someone explain what's going on here?  It also seems like the switch is
creating MPLS labels for all my routes even though I didn't specifically
configure any MPLS or tag switching commands.  Any words of wisdom or
advice would be appreciated...

Bill Murphy

Senior Network Analyst

University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston

6901 Bertner, Suite 432

Houston, TX  77030

(713) 500-9947, Office

(832) 594-0136, Cell