[c-nsp] Bridging DS1s from Overture ISGs back to Cisco channelized DS3 interfaces

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Wed Apr 1 11:57:36 EDT 2009

Has anyone ever successfully terminated a group of bonded DS1s from an
Overture device such as an ISG 140 back to a PA-MC-2T3-EC?  Talking to
Overture's support they're saying that even though they use MLPPP they
also require the use of BCP (Bridge Control Protocol) which I personally
hadn't heard of until today.  They're saying that I need to be able to
pass 1Q tagged frames down the MLPPP bundle to the ISG on the remote
end.  The SE they have onsite here has a document that shows an example
config but it apparently requires IP routing to be disabled (no ip
routing).  That's not cool.  That kind of defeats the purpose of buying
a shiny new router if you have to turn off routing...

So has anyone ever bridged DS1s between a Cisco and Overture box?  Why
would routing have to be disabled for BCP to work?

Thanks
  Justin