[c-nsp] BGP Cease - Connection collision resolution

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Fri Apr 3 09:03:07 EDT 2009

On a peering session we started getting the following:

%BGP-3-NOTIFICATION: received from neighbor 198.32.XXX.XX 6/7 (cease) 0
bytes

This all started when we "upgraded" to 12.2(18)SXF16 it seems or at least
the timeline matches up..

So, I've discovered that 6/7 means "Connection collision resolution" - does
anyone know what that means in English? ;)  We have rebuilt our session and
the peer has done the same thing.  a Google search tells me what it means by
definition but no real solution.

Thanks,

Paul