[c-nsp] T3 or Ethernet delivery?

Mesiatowsky, Shawn SMESIATO at petro-canada.ca
Wed Apr 8 10:07:39 EDT 2009

to detect a failure when the link is still up, you can use ip sla to ping the downstream router. You can then use embedded event manager to track your sla and trigger an event upon failure. The event could be to email you, send an snmp trap, or run a tcl script such as changing static routes. The embedded event manager in IOS is very powerful.