[c-nsp] BGP Multihoming and syncronous traffic flow for the different traffic types

Burak Dikici bdikici at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 18:55:09 EDT 2009

ISP-1                                             ISP-2
same country ISP               outside of country ISP
|                                                      |
|                                                      |
|                                                      |
|                                                      |
|                                                      |
|                                                      |
|                                                      |
|                                                      |
----------     My router (Cisco 7600)--------

User's real subnet (for example 50.50.0.0)

Hello ,

I have got two different ISPs connections from my router. One of the ISP is
in my country (local ISP) , other IPS is in the different country. Here are
the requiremets ;

If the traffic is p2p and if it goes to the outside of the country , use
ISP-2. And the return of this traffic will come from the ISP-2 link.
(syncronous traffic flow)

The other traffic types will use the ISP-1 connection. For example , maybe
p2p traffic goes inside of the country. Use ISP-1 connection for this type
of traffic as well.

How can i differentiate the traffic goes to the inside of the country , or
the outside of the country ?

The users have got real ip addresses. (Nearly 10.000 users.) To catch the
p2p traffic , i think we have to use NBAR. To route the different kind of
traffic types , i think we have to use PBR. For this kind of request , i can
use NATing on the ISP-2 link. But , is this cause any problem for this type
of connection on the Cisco 7600 model router ? Is NAT doing on the Cisco
7600 router by software based or hardware based ? For complete scenario , we
have to use NAT , PBR and NBAR. Is that cause any problem on the Cisco 7600
router , what about performance ? Could you give me an idea how can it be
done ? Kind Regards...

Burak Dikici