[c-nsp] BGP Multihoming and syncronous traffic flow for the different traffic types

Burak Dikici bdikici at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 11:39:49 EDT 2009

  P2P is peer to peer traffic. Peer to peer traffic to the outside of the
country , it will go over the ISP-2 link , and the return traffic of this
connection will come back through the same ISP-2 link.
  My clients are using the real ip addresses. If i advertise their subnet
from the ISP-1 with BGP to the outside world , the outside world knows them
via the ISP-1 link and the their return traffic will come through the ISP-1
link.
  I catch the outside of the country with p2p traffic with NBAR and route
this traffic to the ISP-2 with PBR , what about the return traffic of this
connection ? At this point the NATing comes in the play. The outside of the
country with p2p traffic's source ip address will be NATed to the ISP-2 NAT
pool addresses. And this NAT pool addresses will be advertise with BGP only
to the ISP-2 link. Therefore , the outside world knows this addresses only
through the ISP-2 and the return traffic of this connection will come back
through the ISP-2 link , it is symmetrical traffic flow for the outside of
the country with p2p traffic. Am i right ?

How can it be done without using the NAT ?
Regards...