[c-nsp] carrier router models comparison

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Apr 14 11:00:31 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 08 April 2009 04:28:26 pm Emanuel Popa wrote:

> i'm really scared when using a fairly new platform with a
> fairly new software version.

Agree. I think the ASR9000 code is quite new.

As you say, documentation is scarce, but I'm not sure IOS XR
is prime time for typical edge services (and more). Heck,
we're still trying to let the ASR1000 catch up :-).

The 7200 has set quite a benchmark, but then again, the joys
of doing things in hardware, new boxes, new code, e.t.c.

Mark.