[c-nsp] VPN 3000 certificate based S2S

Hegedus Gabor hegedus.gabor at euroway.hu
Thu Apr 16 03:56:00 EDT 2009

Hi all!

I don't find answer to my question on the net.

My problem is the following:

I have a cisco VPN 3000 device, and we want site-2-site vpn with this
device.
I got the root CA  cert and I added it  successfully.
I have our certificate what is in coded format .p12 file with password.

How can I install this p12 file, because only cert request is allowed on
the VPN concentrator, I can't upload(install) my cert simply. I tried it
on ASA, and it works good, i can install root ca and my ca both on it.

I don't want send cert request to the root ca, cos I already have all
cert file.

What can I do with my p12  ?  convert it to what?  What are extensions
and file formats the vpn3000 look out in identity cert section?

any suggestion?

thank you, Gabor