[c-nsp] Classify geographical traffic with BGP

Burak Dikici bdikici at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 00:11:56 EDT 2009

  Hi Rich ,

 I am thinking on my international ISP community options. I have tired
before the as path prepending configuration with my international ISP. But
as a result , i was still getting some inbound traffic through international
ISP.   If i use their community options , for example if i advetise my
subnet with "send-community" option and 1106 for x6 times prepending , is
this option going to solve the unwanted inbound traffic problem ?
(
http://www.db.ripe.net/whois?form_type=simple&full_query_string=&searchtext=AS29259&do_search=Search
did you remember this address ? :)  )

 I think that if the as path prepending configuration works well , the
inbound traffic to my AS through international ISP   will be used as backup
state.   But , as you know in my scenario
for example just international traffic goes from international ISP and come
back through the same link.   What do you say , am i thinking wrong ?

Regards...

Burak Dikici