[c-nsp] Nexus 5K FCoE to FC breakout

Brad Hedlund brhedlun at cisco.com
Thu Apr 16 15:33:10 EDT 2009

On 4/16/09 10:06 AM, "Justin C Darby" <jcdarby at usgs.gov> wrote:

> We're actually using in-house built ATA-over-Ethernet devices which have
> similar advantages, but this isn't very 'enterprisey'

Sounds very cool!  I look forward to learning more about this
ATA-over-Ethernet.

> Cisco's UCS design actually
> counts on having FCoE 10GbE HBA's if what I'm reading about them is
> correct.

Cisco UCS has standard PCIe mezzanine form factor 10GE adapters that support
any over-Ethernet access to storage ... iSCSI, NAS, FCoE.  Once at the UCS
Manager, native FC uplinks are available for connecting to existing FC SANs.

Cheers,
Brad Hedlund
bhedlund at cisco.com
http://www.internetworkexpert.org