[c-nsp] GSS and ACE

James Slepicka cisco-nsp at slepicka.net
Wed Apr 22 11:12:59 EDT 2009

You can use the GSS without an ACE (or CSS, or IOS-SLB...).  You'll be
limited to the basic keepalive checks (icmp ping, http head, etc.) to
detect site availability; you won't be able to make load-based
decisions, for example, but it will otherwise work fine.  I just use the
http head check for a couple of web sites where a basic up/down check is
all that's required (though I also use scripted KALs where more complex
decisions need to be made).

James