[c-nsp] QoS and VLAN

Steve McCrory SteveMc at netservicesplc.com
Wed Apr 29 12:39:57 EDT 2009

Have you tried implementing Modular QoS CLI (MQC) using service
policies?

I haven't worked on the 7500 platform but we have successfully applied
QoS for VoIP on subinterfaces on the 7200 series routers.

It should be noted that on sub-interfaces, you need a parent service
policy to shape traffic to a particular level and then a child service
policy which will carry out the actual QoS markings/prioritizations
within the shaped allowance.

Steven

Steven McCrory

Senior Network Engineer