[c-nsp] Anybody here is running IPv6

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Wed Apr 29 14:35:35 EDT 2009

Leif Sawyer wrote:
> The bad:
> 	There is no cisco firewall archetecture that allows mixed-mode
> IPv4 and IPv6.  Oh, they -claim- that it works, but it is so full of
> caveats
> and bugs that it is effectively broken.

Does this include the FWSMs or just the ASAs and PIXs?

> 	2) if you mention IPv6 to the TAC, your time for support
> resolution
> 		increases exponentially; the image given is that nobody
> there
> 		understands it or is willing to support it.

This tends to be what happens when I ask an IS-IS question, though I
have had some engineers who had a very good grasp of it.  It's just hit
and miss.  This makes me wish there was still a group within TAC that
was dedicated to serving SPs so they could really bone up on things
typically seen in SP environments like IS-IS.

Justin