[c-nsp] multipath BGP not balancing equally.

Dean Smith dean at eatworms.org.uk
Wed Aug 5 09:53:05 EDT 2009

Would agree that volume is rare between 2xIP addresses but we have something
similair although on not quite the scale.

We NAT a very large organisation to the Internet. They have a large number
of disparate sites that all do their own AV updates. All the PCs download at
the same time in the evening and we generate about .75 Gb/s of traffic
between our external PAT address and the AV download site for a good couple
of hours. If we had a bigger internet pipe it would be a higher figure. (for
less time of course).

Dean