[c-nsp] 7500 for DSL aggregation - RSP memory error?

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Wed Aug 5 16:38:02 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 05 August 2009 10:34:23 am jp wrote:
> We use cold spares for parts. I've played with the redundant RSPs, but
> its not a very clean cutover, and it takes a couple minutes before
> everyting is happy. I've seen issues too where something breaks, but
> things don't switch over.

I've got a couple or 7507's as well, but not doing DSL agg with them.  RPR+ is
the slow option for redundant RSP's, and is the best you can do with 12.4 IOS.
12.0(32)S supports SSO/NSF (at least on the RSP8's that I have), and that
switchover isn't bad; not as smooth as 12000 GRP SSO/NSF, but not bad.
--
Lamar Owen
Chief Information Officer