[c-nsp] Cisco 7206 - IOS version for L2TPV3

Andy Ashley lists at nexus6.co.za
Thu Aug 6 12:20:46 EDT 2009

Hi,

We are trying to upgrade IOS on a Cisco 7206VXR (NPE-G1) processor
(revision B) with 983040K/65536K bytes of memory.

Currently running Version 12.3(13a), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2) but we need
L2TPv3 functionality to configure a xconnects using a pw-class statement.
We tried running Version 12.2(33)SRC4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2) but the
router was unstable.

Our peering sessions would come up and die after about a minute, the
logs had lots of these entries:

%BGP_SESSION-5-ADJCHANGE: neighbor X.X.X.X IPv4 Unicast topology base
removed from session  BGP Notification sent

I noticed that the BGP sessions had high InQ and OutQ values of 300+
where they usually sit at 0 and router was generally not very responsive
on the command line.
Also our RADIUS athentication was not working for some reason.

Is this just incompatability or unstable code?
Can anyone recommend an image version for this hardware platform that
has this feature set and is known to be stable in your environment?

Thanks.

Andy.

believed to be clean.