[c-nsp] Cisco 7206 - IOS version for L2TPV3

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 6 17:55:17 EDT 2009

Hi Andy,

We're using 12.2(33)SRD1 and recently before that SRC3 on 7204 LNS routers without any issues.

We don't have any eBGP on these devices, but iBGP works fine with about 9 peers on each router carrying internal MP-BGP routes.

These routers also authenticate PPP sessions via RADIUS and that continues to function fine through the upgrade from SCR3 to SRD1 without problems.

Perhaps you need to turn on some BGP & RADIUS debug and work out what is going wrong because it probably should work for you.

If the BGP queues are sitting at 300, it means that your BGP speakers aren't talking to each other and you need to look at why (eg. MTU mismatch, disagree on some other parameter). There might be some defaults for BGP parameters that have been changed and you need to explicitly set now.

Not very responsive on the command line suggests that CPU was busy doing other stuff (like continually setting up BGP sessions).

If you have the time to do some debugging then you probably should be able to get a 12.2(33)SR version working.

regards,
Tony.