[c-nsp] MPLS QoS at SPA-5X1GE-V2, SIP 400, 7604RSP720 (Ruzhanskaya Olga)

Ольга Ружанская frosya84 at mail.ru
Mon Aug 10 10:10:57 EDT 2009

Hello List!

In our MPLS network we use 7604RSP720 with SPA-5X1GE-V2 installed in SIP 400 as PE router, where clients services terminates. As in MPLS edge, we perform "typical" traffic classification and marking.
Standart policy-map looks like this (matching based on DSCP, marking with MPLS EXP):
Policy Map Network-VoIP-In
    Class qos-realtime
      set mpls experimental imposition 5
    Class class-default
      set mpls experimental imposition 0
Class Map match-any qos-realtime (id 21)
   Match ip  dscp ef (46)

For example, we have two subinterfaces, gi3/0/0.210 and gi3/0/0.211. Both of them have policy-map looks like described one. If packet enters gi3/0/0.210 with DSCP=EF and go to gi3/0/0.211, it appears with DSCP=CS5. Is this normal?
For 76x, it is.
Because of 76x platform QoS realization traffic local for router (IP-IP), router overwrites DSCP value of packet when such policy-map in use:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7600/ios/12.2SR/configuration/guide/mplsqos.html#wp1475897

I've even opened a case, but the best proposed approach was to distinguish with ACL IP-IP traffic and IP-MPLS traffic. This is a bad solution for us: increased load on router, many hand-work and we have hundreds of such circuits..

We are trying to resolve this problem from April - and no sufficient solution..
Maybe someone have resolved this?

P.S. "no mls qos rewite ip dscp" doesn't work properly on PFC MPLS, already tried.

Best regards,
Olga