[c-nsp] Open Source Substitute for Cisco's Secure ACS?

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Aug 13 14:53:32 EDT 2009

Hi,

> Nothing wrong with FreeRADIUS it's just you need to 'roll your own' for
> a lot of stuff,  If your time is worth nothing or it's a hobby or
> experimental setup FreeRADIUS may be the better choice. But if you want
> someting with AD, LDAP, Kerberos, Unix, NTLM, SQL  etc built in and
> ready to go  RADIATOR is your tool.

I have to comment on this. AD, LDAP, Kerberos, Unix, NTLM, SQL etc are all
built into FreeRADIUS too..  the question is whether your distro has a
premade recent version that has it all prebuilt...or, if you built it from
source you had all the required libs (eg mysql-devel) installed.

of course...you still have to actually configure the mschap or ldap module

but thats true of RADIATOR too  8-)

alan