[c-nsp] Monitoring Nexus 7000 platform

Ryan Hughes rshughes at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 17:30:39 EDT 2009

>From what I've seen on much of the new DC equipment, Cisco focused more on
XML than SNMP for the monitoring hook into the Nexus gear. I know many of
the features you're asking for were bolted on per customer requests but I
haven't seen any specific templates out there around this. I'd be interested
in to hear what some of the TME's who pay attention to this have to say.
DCNM is the platform that Cisco deployment to handle management/monitoring
for the Nexus but I haven't seen many customers buy it yet ( IIRC - it makes
excellent use of the XML API's available ).
Ryan