[c-nsp] best PE-CE protocol

Christopher Hunt dharmachris at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 18:23:42 EDT 2009

Given a customer with a 10mbps fiber connection into PE1 on a L3 MPLS VPN
and also a backup ADSL link to PE2 on the same provider's L3 MPLS VPN, what
is the best PE-CE protocol to use?  I assume we could run eBGP over both
links and weight them from the provider's end, as well as the customer end.
But I'm starting to wonder if PE-CE OSPF wouldn't be a better choice.  The
customer site only hosts a few /24s and the SP would be the default route as
the customer is colocating a firewall at the SP's colo.  Any experience or
opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
DC