[c-nsp] Shape users over quota

Ed Lazerus edlazerus20 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 05:52:55 EDT 2009

Dear All,
We currently use 7300's as LNS's, we have for a few years worked on user
pays excess, like all businesses things change and so must we, we are
looking to offer new plans of use quota then we shape you down top
64/64kbps.

We have 3 PoPs, each have approximately 25-30K users, we would expect around
10K users each PoP will need shaping based on current usage (which is only
increasing).

Is this an easy task on the 7300 LNS's?  Or should we be looking more
towards dedicated special hardware for this task, if it helps, we are soon
replace 7300  LNS's in at least one PoP with a ESR10K, the LNS's also
perform netflow for traffic accounting, the CPU's average around %50 each
router.

Thank you.