[c-nsp] C7206VXR boot issue

Matlock, Kenneth L MatlockK at exempla.org
Mon Aug 17 11:11:53 EDT 2009

I've seen it a few times in the past, exclusively with 7200's. The
bootloader and IOS versions don't have to exactly match, but in my
experience is that they need to be 'close' (where 'close' changes each
rev number :) )

If the bootloader and IOS aren't 'compatible', you'll get exactly those
symptoms (boots to bootloader prompt). Not saying that IS the problem,
but a possibility.

Also check the boot statements to make sure the bootldr and system boot
statements are both there.

Ken Matlock
Network Analyst
Exempla Healthcare