[c-nsp] LACP on high latency links

Grzegorz Janoszka Grzegorz at Janoszka.pl
Mon Aug 17 15:50:37 EDT 2009

Hi,

Anyone running LACP on links with latency about 10 ms or higher? With
local links and latency ~1 ms we have no problems at all, it just works
perfect, however recently we ran into strange issues with CRS-1 (IOS-XR
3.6.2) and LACP on remote links with latency 10 ms or higher. When we
try to add a link into a bundle (CRS-1's name of the port-channel) which
has already had an interface assigned and up, the whole bundle stops
sending packets. The bundle-ether interface is up, however it does not
send any packets. The only thing that helps is to deassign all ifaces
from the bundle, shut them down, then enable then and add them to the
bundle again.
Does anyone know any cisco bugs with LACP and IOS-XR?

Any help would be appreciated, regards,

--
Grzegorz Janoszka