[c-nsp] Monitoring Nexus 7000 platform

Ross Vandegrift ross at kallisti.us
Tue Aug 18 09:48:28 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 01:15:13PM -0400, Lee wrote:
> Maybe that'll help push my "learn perl" todo item up a bit higher on
> my list :)  But that's assuming netconf/xml makes expect scripts a bit
> less dependent on the exact formatting of the output.  If upgrading
> the OS requires updating the xml definition in the script (eg. bump
> netconf:base:1.0 to netconf:base:1.1) .. well, seems like not such a
> big win.

Those namespaces are specified as versions of the netconf namespace,
not as Cisco-specific namespaces.  Those will change only for
subsequent versions of the top-most, Netconf-defined tags.
Unfortunately, JUNOS does encode generating versions into namespaces,
which sometimes gets hairy.  From the samples posted, it looks like
Cisco hasn't committed this particular atrocity.

Ross
--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at kallisti.us

"If the fight gets hot, the songs get hotter.  If the going gets tough,
the songs get tougher."
	--Woody Guthrie