[c-nsp] Monitoring Nexus 7000 platform

Lincoln Dale ltd at cisco.com
Tue Aug 18 19:58:16 EDT 2009

On 18/08/2009, at 11:48 PM, Ross Vandegrift wrote:

> Those namespaces are specified as versions of the netconf namespace,
> not as Cisco-specific namespaces.  Those will change only for
> subsequent versions of the top-most, Netconf-defined tags.
> Unfortunately, JUNOS does encode generating versions into namespaces,
> which sometimes gets hairy.  From the samples posted, it looks like
> Cisco hasn't committed this particular atrocity.

technically, you are meant to validate all input and ensure that the
correct namespace.

on NX-OS at least, we figured that was counterproductive, so by
default don't validate the namespace and perhaps burn some CPU cycles
to allow any namespace.
if you wish strict interpretation with NX-OS, you can configure it
with "xml server validate" in the switch config.  its off by default.

cheers,

lincoln.