[c-nsp] EoMPLS between subinterface and physical interface

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Aug 18 12:38:21 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 05:19:51PM +0200, Arie Vayner (avayner) wrote:
> What I am not sure is whether the 7600 would even allow you to put an
> access port on the same VLAN used on the sub-if. No quick way for me to
> test it right now.

Not with SX* software - VLAN space is global, and a VLAN can only be used
either as "VLAN" stuff (switchport mode access, interface vlan X) or as
subinterface stuff (encaps dot1q Y).

I'm reasonably sure that it won't work with SR* software either, as it
is just the way this hardware works.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de