[c-nsp] Have I Gone Mad? (OSPF NSSA)

Ivan Pepelnjak ip at ioshints.info
Wed Aug 26 08:52:42 EDT 2009

> ABR's appear to be injecting both the type 3 and type 7.
> AHave I gone mad, or I need to hit back the books?

It depends :) Actually you've asked for it. The "no-summary" part of NSSA
statement generates type-3 default and the "default-information originate"
generates type-7 default. See the "Not-so-stubby-areas" section of this
article:

http://www.nil.com/ipcorner/OSPFDefaultMysteries/

It could be that the previous software releases were smarter and did not
insert type-7 default when they've inserted type-3 default (which would take
precedence over type-7 anyway), but it doesn't hurt you either.

Ivan

http://www.ioshints.info/about
http://blog.ioshints.info/