[c-nsp] Have I Gone Mad? (OSPF NSSA)

Marko Milivojevic markom at markom.info
Wed Aug 26 10:02:12 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 12:52, Ivan Pepelnjak<ip at ioshints.info> wrote:
> It could be that the previous software releases were smarter and did not
> insert type-7 default when they've inserted type-3 default (which would take
> precedence over type-7 anyway), but it doesn't hurt you either.

Actually... It did hurt somewhat :-/. Previous IOS that we were
running (7600 SXx and SRBx) were injecting type 7. However, that
behaviour changed with SRD2 and it injects both. Naturally, type 3
wins.

In one place we had distribution configured that was configured to
redistribute only type 7 default into BGP elsewhere - which no longer
worked after upgrade...

I wonder why the behaviour changed... Then again, my fault for
misconfiguring the darn thing to begin with :-)

--
Marko
CCIE #18427 (SP)