[c-nsp] IPV6 in general was Re: Large networks

Ivan Pepelnjak ip at ioshints.info
Wed Aug 26 14:19:20 EDT 2009

> There will be Lots Of Fun when IPv4 runs out, and whole new markets
> of DSL customers (as in India, China, Arabia...) will not be able to
> access web sites from vendors that have no IPv6 reachability.  Goodby,
> sales to that region...

Not gonna happen. Unfortunately there's so much stuff on the Internet that's
only reachable via IPv4 (including www.wikipedia.org) that the few vendor
sites don't matter at all. All those new DSL (I hope not) markets will have
to have some sort of IPv4 connectivity (Carrier Grade NAT raises its ugly
head).

Ivan

http://www.ioshints.info/about
http://blog.ioshints.info/