[c-nsp] Overlapping DHCP pools w/ VRF lite on 12.2(33)SXI?

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Wed Aug 26 17:34:46 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-08-26 at 16:06 -0400, Steve Shaw wrote:
> Anyone have any luck running overlapping DHCP pools with VRF-lite on
> 12.2(33)SXI? It looks like a vrf sub-command under DHCP pool
> configuration mode was added in SRC code but I can't confirm or deny
> support for the SXI train.

I don't know or use it, but it seems the 12.2(33)SXI1 CLI doesn't want
any of it:

rhski-1(config)#ip dhcp pool test
rhski-1(dhcp-config)#vrf ?
% Unrecognized command
rhski-1(dhcp-config)#vrf test
                     ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

rhski-1(dhcp-config)#?
DHCP pool configuration commands:
  bootfile             Boot file name
  client-identifier    Client identifier
  client-name          Client name
  default-router       Default routers
  dns-server           DNS servers
  domain-name          Domain name
  exit                 Exit from DHCP pool configuration mode
  hardware-address     Client hardware address
  host                 Client IP address and mask
  import               Programatically importing DHCP option parameters
  lease                Address lease time
  netbios-name-server  NetBIOS (WINS) name servers
  netbios-node-type    NetBIOS node type
  network              Network number and mask
  next-server          Next server in boot process
  no                   Negate a command or set its defaults
  option               Raw DHCP options
  renew                Configure renewal policy

rhski-1(dhcp-config)#

Regards,
Peter