[c-nsp] Wierd memory issue with SXI/SXI1 on 6500 w/ SUP720-3BXL

Azher Mughal azher at hep.caltech.edu
Sun Aug 30 15:02:04 EDT 2009

SXI2 will give you another malloc bug :) CSCtb27643    cat6000 Medium
buffers leak on SP leading to crash

Here is a workaround suggested by Cisco:

One workaround is to disable the diag test 'TestEARLInternalTables' on
all the DFC/PFC modules. However, this workaround will only stop further
memory leak. To recover from the already leaked memory on the SP, the
sup has to be reload (in case of single-sup) or a 'switchover' done (in
case of dual-supervisor).

Command line:

r31(config)#no diagnostic monitor module all test TestEARLInternalTables

-Azher