[c-nsp] instabilities with SXI2?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Aug 31 10:29:25 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 12:23:42AM +0200, Daniska Tomas wrote:
> TAC was pretty responsive, they have identified this as CSCtb27643. It happens in SXI2, both modular and monolithic, and whether in VSS or not, just when DFCs are in place. The ddts is not public so ask your local team.

Thanks for this heads-up.  I'm querying right now...

The original issue seems to have been a case of improper grounding - we
have opened a TAC case, and they have suggest to check the chassis ground
with the dedicated "grounding screw" on the front side.

I don't fully understand what's going on inside these boxes (there's
grounding in the PSUs and there should be enough metal connected to the
rack posts to get ground), but since we've put in an additional grounding
cable to this grounding screw, no more spontaneous reboots for 10 days
now...

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de