[c-nsp] Data VLAN/Voice VLAN

Yuri Bank yurixewx at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 31 18:39:07 EDT 2009

Thanks for all of the replies.

I would like to summarize the information I've gathered so far from this thread. Please correct me if I am wrong on any of this.

* If the switchport is in access mode, you must have a CDP compatible phone and CDP enabled on the switchport. When a cisco phone is connected, the trunk will be negotiated and the voice vlan will be tagged. Data will be untagged and accepted as the configured access vlan.

switchport mode access
switchport access vlan 77
switchport voice vlan 66

*If the switchport is in trunk mode, the configured voice vlan will be tagged in the same way, however the data vlan will be the native vlan configured on the switchport.

switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk allowed vlan 77,66
switchport trunk native vlan 77
switchport voice vlan 66

*If the switch supports LLDP then you can have the same configuration as the first, but with none-cisco phones.

ADD:

globally:

lldp run