[c-nsp] Downgrade from 12.2(33)SXI2a to 122-18.SXF17

Pär Åslund pslund at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 11:49:12 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm going to downgrade a Cisco 6500 with Sup-720 from 12.2(33)SXI2a to
1.22(18)SXF17 for hardware issue.

I think I have checked everything,

Configuration issues (all commands available)
Hardware support (all modules supported)
Bootloader (not needed on sup-720 for 1.22(18)SXF17 according to Cisco
documentation)

Anyone got any more pointers I might have missed?

Hard to find good documentation about downgrading. If anyone knows
good dokumentation about this, feel free to share it.

My experience after missed some configuration differences (Switch went
berserk back then, several years ago) makes me a bit at unease with
downgrading IOS versions.

best regards,
pelle