[c-nsp] Rmon checksum failed on WS-C4006

Clinton Work clinton at scripty.com
Sat Dec 5 13:44:46 EST 2009

I have seen this problem many times on Catalyst 5000 and 6500 boxes.
The cause is NVRAM corruption which can often be resolved by rebooting
the Supervisor in order to clear the issue. During reboot some of the
NVRAM configuration can be lost so make sure you have a proper backup to
compare with.   The other cause could be a faulty NVRAM chip on the
Supervisor so having a spare handy during the reboot would be a good
idea as well.

Clinton.